|Anglers who target or catch shad, striped bass and River Herring* from the Delaware River below Trenton Falls or in the Delaware Estuary are required to:
- register through the Fish and Boat Commission’s free on-line system (PA-SARP);
- register, for a fee, with the National Saltwater Angler Registry administered by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA); or
- meet the saltwater angler registration requirements of another state.
Anglers do NOT need to register if they meet one of the following exceptions:
- Are under the age of 16
- Hold a Highly Migratory Species Angling Permit.
- Fish commercially under a valid license.
- Possess a valid registration with the National Saltwater Angler
- Registry administered by NOAA or from another exempted state.
Pennsylvania fishing license holders may choose to register for free with the Fish and Boat Commission. Visit www.pa-sarp.pa.gov for registration details.
Anglers may also register with the National Registry website at www.countmyfish.noaa.gov with NOAA by clicking on the Angler Registry link or call the toll-free registration line NATIONAL SALTWATER ANGLER REGISTRY: DELAWARE RIVER AND ESTUARY at 1-888-MRIP-411 (1-888-674-7411). Please note that registered anglers must still possess a valid state fishing license.